How can I watch the 49ers game without cable? The San Francisco 49ers date back to the AAFC, as its members laid the foundation of the 49ers. To this date, it is among the most popular teams playing in the Super bowl.
Now, most people use cable connections to watch matches on their TV. However, as the setup is becoming cumbersome, a new generation is looking for other options. For example, there are multiple streaming platforms and ways to access live matches with a smaller amount than a cable connection.
Then, how can I watch the 49ers game without cable? Let’s have a look at it.
Table of Contents
- The San Francisco 49er’s Next Playoff Game
- Watching The 49ers Live Inside TV Market
- Watching The 49ers Live Outside TV Market
- Additional Ways To Watch San Francisco 49ers Games Without Cable.
The San Francisco 49er’s Next Playoff Game
In NFL Postseason action, the upcoming playoff will be between the San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles. You can watch the game on Fox TV at 3:00 PM EST on Sunday, 29 January 2023.
San Francisco 49ers 2023 TV Schedule
|21||29 January 2023||3:00 PM||San Francisco 49ers VS. Philadelphia Eagles||Fox TV|
Watching The San Francisco 49ers All Season Long
If you are living in the TV market of this bay area team, Sunday afternoon matches are airing on the regional Fox or CBS TV. Also, you can watch the regular season on KPIX-TV. For Monday night, you can tune in to ESPN, and for Sunday Night game, it’s on NBC. Nevertheless, you can get all these channels on Directv stream, Hulu, FuboTV, Youtube TV, etc.
If the 49ers are out of your market area, you can still watch the games without an issue. One way to watch these games is to use the workaround we’ll tell you below.
Caption: Football stadium Live footage
Watching The 49ers Live Inside TV Market
You can use the following platforms to access the games while living inside their TV market.
Hulu Live’s famous channel lineup includes most of your favorite networks. You can check them out through your area zip code. This streaming service usually costs $70/month and has no long-term contract bound to it.
Their packages come with unlimited DVR storage so that you can save the matches for later. Also, they include Fox, ESPN, and CBS so that you can attend all afternoon or night games.
On FuboTV, you can watch all the local channels around you, including Fox, CBS, NBC, ESPN, etc. It offers a one-week free trial to its users ahead of package purchase and comes with DVR storage etc.
Moreover, this streaming service lets you use the Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV stick so that you don’t have to purchase any extra device for watching the 49ers game. All of this is available for only $74.99.
DirecTV stream carries Fox, ESPN, NBC, ABC, and CBS but does not have an NFL network. It means that you have to miss the Thursday Night football match. However, with a range of other channels, we bet you will never feel the difference.
These channels are available on DirecTV “Entertainment” package, starting at $70 per month. You can also get a 5-day free trial without a contract and cancel anytime.
Local TV or antenna is a less expensive option than other streaming platforms. It can let you watch local CBS, FOX sports, NBC networks, and other stations. But you might miss the Monday and Thursday night games since the antennas do not have ESPN or NFL on them.
Here, we highly recommend buying GE Ultra Edge Antenna for many reasons. Firstly, it comes with a money-back guarantee if you buy it from Amazon. Buying a low-priced antenna with a guarantee immediately puts you on the safe side.
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS is another popular streaming choice for game enthusiasts. Through Paramount+, you can watch the game on CBS. However, you cannot access the channels like Fox, ESPN, etc. A free trial is available to check if their service supports your local CBS channel. You can use the Paramount+ for only $4.99 monthly and get NFL on it.
NFL+ lets you watch all the live local and national broadcast seasons on android and apple devices. Moreover, it also lets you watch out-of-market games on all devices. However, you can only access the NFL+ through your mobile, not anything else.
The cost of the NFL plus package is $5 per month or $40 per year. And for NFL plus premium package, the price is $9.99 per month or $80 per year. You can get the app on the Google play store or Apple store.
Caption: Man watching football on TV
Watching The 49ers Live Outside TV Market
If you live outside the 49ers TV market, the recommended solutions will only provide access to nationally televised games on ESPN, NFL Network, and NBC. As we talk about NFL, it is currently working on such viewers. They are coming up with a solution like NFL plus, but it’s unavailable until the following season. “So, what to do then?” you may ask. Fear not, since we have figured out the solution for you.
NFL game pass international lets you access all-season games without any hustle. It costs around $99.99 per year. But it lets you watch replays, older matches, NFL films, and whatnot, justifying the price. However, you may not get it inside the US as it is meant for overseas users.
Getting your hand on the international game pass is not difficult as it seems. You have to show that you purchase it outside of the region. For that, you can use a VPN and change your device location. All you need is to follow these steps.
- Sign up for a VPN app
- Then, install a VPN client on the device and turn it on. Log in to the app and select any country you want to show your device.
- Clear your browser’s cache to remove any cookies that NFL may have saved on your computer.
- Go to https://www.nflgamepass.com/ and click on Sign up now. As you click it, you will redirect to a page that says, “All games free .”Here, you will even get a free trial to the game pass for testing it out.
And that’s how you easily get an NFL international game pass to watch all the matches.
Additional Ways To Watch San Francisco 49ers Games Without Cable.
Here are some additional ways to watch the 49ers game so that you don’t miss t at any cost.
- Mobile Apps: You can view the game live on two mobile apps. These are the NFL app and the Yahoo sports app. So, grab your i-pads or mobile phones, go to the app store and download them asap.
- NFL Sunday Ticket: Like the NFL game pass, you can also get the NFL Sunday ticket. DIRECTV is the only option to get this ticket and watch each NFL game without a problem. However, we may recommend something other than this as it comes with costly installations and charges.
- Amazon Prime Video: On Amazon prime, you can watch around 11 streams if you are an existing member. However, if not, you can always get a free 30-day trial and join the journey. Also, you can watch the 49ers Thursday Night Game airing even if you are out of the market. All you need is a subscription to Amazon Prime Video, and you can watch by downloading the prime video app to your supported device.
- YouTube TV: Yet another popular streaming platform. YouTube TV lets its users view games on their local channels. Since the name YouTube attaches to it, most people trust it and subscribe to it, although it has only one channel package.
If you are a fan of the 49ers, fear not since we have devised all the solutions you can use to watch each game. It includes some popular streaming platforms along with other options as well.